Frequently Asked Questions
What is the process?
Starting a website for your business can seem to be an overwhelming task. What do I need to do to get started? You know that you need a quality website to convey your products and/or services to your potential customers, but haven't a clue where to begin! Whether you are looking for a simple informational site, or a full featured e-commerce solution for your products, we are here for you every step of the way!
Once you've contacted us, we will instruct you on how to proceed. Basically, you choose a "domain name" (like spidervision.com or google.com). You usually have to try many domain names before finding one that is available. Once you find an available name, you register it to you or your company. Then you find a host that will store all the information contained in your website, so that it is available to the world 24/7. We will then begin the dialog that will lead to the development of your navigation system, content, a "wireframe" site, the graphic design, and finally to your finished site.
How long does it take to have a web site designed?
This depends on a variety of factors, the most important of which is the complexity of the site. The more compicated a site is, the more features and pages it has, the longer it will take to create. The second issue is the communication between the designer(s) and the client. If we have open, fast communication with you, the site will be built much faster.
We already have a web site, but it is out of style or needs to be updated. Can you do that?
Absolutely. We have done many site redesigns and currently do maintenance and updates for various sites.
Do you offer any discounts?
Yes. Discounts are available to non-profit organizations, charities, and schools.
I've heard that it is very important to be on the search engines. How does this work?
Your site must first be created in such a way that search engines will find it and add it to their databases. Once the site is complete, submissions are made to directories and search engines. We can then update specific parts of the code on your site so that you rank higher with the search engines (that is, if someone searches for the product, service, or information you provide, your website will be listed among the first in the results). This requires a lot of time and can often be expensive. There are other methods for marketing your site in which you can choose how much you want to pay. We can explain this to you as your site becomes ready for publishing and marketing.
I have made my decision and want Spidervision to design my web site. What should I do now?
Fill out this form or send us an e-mail explaining your business and any ideas you have about the site.
2. We will contact you to pin down the details of your project and provide you with a quote on your project.
3. Once you have approved of the quote, we'll type up a web design agreement which outlines the scope of the project.
4. You will then need to return the web design agreement along with a 50% deposit.
5. Once the deposit has been received, work will begin on your project.
6. We usually design 2 or 3 mock web site designs based on your input and marketing materials.
7. You choose which design you like best and advise of any changes you want made.
8. We stay in constant contact with the you on the progress of the site.
9. After site completion, you pay the remaining 50% balance.
10. The site is published to the web, backed up, and submitted to search engines.